Thursday, February 21, 2008

Winter Blues?


I can't remember the last time I complained about being too warm. The forecast never changes, regardless of where I am. Indy, cold, Vegas, cold, home, cold.... Spring has to eventually get here.


In addition to all the upcoming travel and photography plans for the year, myself and a buddy, Steve Bailey will be opening a small outfitting business in eastern Kentucky. It is called Straight Creek Outfitters. The area is loaded with turkey and has a lot of deer, with some being fairly respectable. We're in the process of preparing 2 separate lodges to accomodate our hunters and trying to nail down a couple more leases. We are planning to have one of the camps totally handicap accessable and we will also have the facilities and hunting locations to make challenged hunters feel right at home.


A quick trip to central Illinois is coming up for me this weekend to do some effectiveness photography for Realtree. I'm pretty geeked at the opportunity and looking forward to the challenge. We should be shooting along the Illinois River with the "Flying Fish Guy" Chris Brackett of Brackett Outdoors. Chris has been a good friend for a long time now and spending a few days at his home make for a nice change of pace.


In the meantime, I can't wait for those chilly 60 degree days in April, trying to sneak up on a big ol' gobbler.

No comments: