Monday, March 17, 2008

Almost Home

Well, I can add one more state to the list of places I've been, Alabama. Been there twice actually in 4 days. It's not exactly what I expected it to look like, but I guess I never really had any idea of what to expect. I also didn't get to see very much of it, only Decatur. Oh well. I did discover some great BBQ, a place called Whitt's. Tony got sick for 2 days after our lunch there and blames them, but heck, I was fine.

The reason for the trips to Alabama were to shoot some portraits of Phil Phillips. Phil is the host of Wildlife Point Blank and is an awesome hunter, and all around good guy. The photos were shot in the PRADCO studio there in Decatur. They turned out great but they aren't ready to be posted just yet.
During a portion of the time between trips from Nashville and Decatur, Tony and I did a bit of cave exploring, if you will. That's where the photos from this entry come from. This was the first time I had been in such a small cave. I guess Mammoth Cave in Kentucky is the only other cave I have ever been in, and that was probably 35 years ago. This particular cave on Tony's property was really cool, and seemed to go on forever. It was about 6 feet wide and 15 feet tall the entire way and at one point dropped down in a spot where an underground creek crossed!
I'll spend a few days here in Kentucky getting things ready for the upcoming turkey season then it's home to pick up the wife and head to a dinner in Michigan and then back home for Easter with the family. Man, I'm going to sleep good next week, I hope...

No comments: