Friday, June 6, 2008

This and That



The last week has found me working on a variety of projects. Not to mention a senior portrait. This is Jared who graduates this year. He has been a firefighter with a local community's dept. This is so far from the type of work I normally do that it was really a joy. Cool photo too, if I have to say so myself. Another ongoing projest in the works is for the Realtree website. A photo essay on spring critter babies. I've got some shots of turkey/poults, deer/fawns, elk/calves, ducks/ducklings, still working on the geese/goslings, and will try to get a bear/cubs on my upcoming trip to the Smokey Mtns in TN.


This portrait here was shot at the firestation with a single off camera flash with a CTO gel, and a large reflector to the right of the camera. I also over-synced the flash/shutter speed to cut down on the background. Not a lot of post processing besides the usual dodging, burning, etc. I did desaturate the colors a bit though.
Another ongoing project is getting shots for my slide show that I'll present at the ICAST show in Vegas later this summer. To that end, I've started shooting some small, detail shots here at home. A lot of the scenic stuff for the show will come from the Smokeys, I hope. In the process of bringing my fishing gear in the house to shoot, I managed to break the tip off my new fly rod. I guess there's a reason it should be kept outdoors.
Hopefully early next week I'll be shooting some publicity photos of another singer in Nashville. Her name is Shell Jean and she is another rising star. With a couple of the tricks I learned shooting Tyler a couple months back, I should be ablle to get some great stuff out of this. Nashville is actually the first, and a brief stop next week. The plan is to shoot this late one afternoon, spend the night in town, then head the following day to the Smokeys. I think it's only a few hours away. We'll do a bit of hiking and fishing and a lot of photographing. The main spot we'll hit is Cades Cove. From what I've been told, it's THE place to be for wildlife photography. Wish me luck, I'll post again when I get back.


No comments: