Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ahhh... Spring!

Spring is here, and all is just ducky. I couldn't resist the chance to get that in there. Been keeping busy near home trying to run down some new shots of baby wildlife for the files. How is it that a week old duckling can outwit me on a 1 acre pond? Still trying to track down a fawn as well. That's not going quite as well though. More to come, I hope.

Looks like I'll be heading back to Iowa again this winter, (the week of Dec. 6th), to hunt during the Knight Rifles Invitational Hunt. This will be my third year. The first year I managed to take a really nice, 140" deer on film that made a nice TV show. Last year I managed to blow a shot on the biggest deer I have ever seen while hunting. He was about 170+" and all of 75 yards away. A sapling at 10 yards that I never saw, threw itself in front of this lucky buck, thus giving it's life so I could be haunted for the rest of the season. Oh well, He'll be bigger this year and I'll look harder for those evil saplings.

Enough time spent on cold thoughts. The Keys are looming soon and so are the Great Smokey Mtns. Cades Cove specifically. A friend told me about all the opportunities for photography here and it has not left my mind since. Another friend I mentioned it to told me that all, real, professional photographers know about Cades Cove. He said he figured I already knew. That makes me think that maybe he's telling me I'm not a real, professional, photographer just yet. We'll see. I'm heading there the middle of June.

No comments: