Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A New Day and a New Destination

Maybe summer will never get here. The nights are way to chilly for this time of year, but then again a week ago I was complaining about the heat and humidity in Georgia. Maybe I'm never satsified. It won't be long till I'm tossed back south, but this time all the way to the Florida Keys. I love the KEYS! Almost as much as Nashville, maybe more. I'll be spending a week shooting Rich Tudor and Tom Rowland, hosts of the TV show Saltwater Experience, (http://www.saltwaterexperience.com/) near their base in Islamorada, FL. The main reason behind the trip is to bolster my photography with saltwater fishing in anticipation of the ICAST show in Vegas, in July. (Talk about hot!) With any luck, a couple of newer clients may jump on board with a bit of work in the Keys to make it really worth while.

Going through all the images from the 6 weeks on the road recently has really become a mind numbing task. I'm not sure how many times I've seen some of them, and probably wouldn't be too disappointed if I didn't have to see them again. Disc of images have been burned and sent on their way to the proper clients and all is well. There are a few more that need to be finished though. The next tasks here at home will be getting started on a DVD slideshow for the ICAST, and a final outline and selection of images for the outdoor photography seminar I will be doing later this year in Tennessee.

The picture above was shot since I've been home at a local state owned marsh and hunting area. For whatever reason, I've had a few nights where sleeping past 4:30 am is not going to happen, so I've tried to make the best of it and hit some local spots that I don't get to often enough. I was able to make a few nice photos here that may eventually end up on my website. Speaking of which, there are going to be some changes on the site coming soon. Nothing too drastic immediately, but the keen observer may begin to notice something here and there begining next week.

No comments: